2014 for the individual papers
by the papers' authors. Copying permitted only for private and academic purposes.
This volume is published and copyrighted by its editors.
Proceedings of the Medical Information Retrieval Workshop at SIGIR
co-located with the 37th annual international ACM SIGIR conference (ACM SIGIR 2014)
Gold Coast, Australia, July 11, 2014.
Lorraine Goeuriot, Dublin City University, Ireland
Gareth J. F. Jones, Dublin City University, Ireland
Liadh Kelly, Dublin City University, Ireland
Henning Müller, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland, Switzerland
Justin Zobel, University of Melbourne, Australia
Table of Contents
- Report on the SIGIR 2014 Workshop on Medical Information Retrieval (MedIR)1-3
Lorraine Goeuriot, Liadh Kelly, Gareth J.F. Jones, Henning Müller, Justin Zobel
- Practice-based Evidence in Medicine: Where Information Retrieval Meets Data Mining4-4
- Designing for Health Exploratory Seeking Behaviour5-8
Patrick Cheong-Iao Pang, Karin Verspoor, Shanton Chang, Jon Pearce
- Evaluation of Coreference Resolution for Biomedical Text9-11
Miji Choi, Karin Verspoor, Justin Zobel
- Retrieving Attitudes: Sentiment Analysis from Clinical Narratives12-15
Yihan Deng, Matthaeus Stoehr, Kerstin Denecke
- Why Assessing Relevance in Medical IR is Demanding16-19
Bevan Koopman, Guido Zuccon
- Multi-modal Relevance Feedback for Medical Image Retrieval20-23
Dimitrios Markonis, Roger Schaer, Henning Müller
- A Joint Local-Global Approach for Medical Terminology Assignment24-27
Liqiang Nie, Mohammad Akbari, Tao Li, Tat-Seng Chua
- Exploring Clustering Based Knowledge Discovery towards Improved Medical Diagnosis28-31
Rajendra Prasath, Philip O'Reilly
- Integrating Understandability in the Evaluation of Consumer Health Search Engines32-35
Guido Zuccon, Bevan Koopman
The whole proceedings can also be downloaded as a single file (PDF, including title pages, preface, and table of contents).
We offer a BibTeX file for citing papers of this workshop from LaTeX.
2014-10-31: submitted by Lorraine Goeuriot
2014-10-31: published on CEUR-WS.org